#05 - Top Ten Kitchen Trends of 2017 - Kitchen Tune-up
Furniture-look pieces, rollouts and pullouts and under cabinet lighting (LED) are among the most popular kitchen cabinet features. Use of crown molding is declining. Rustic and reclaimed woods were frequently mentioned.
- Furniture look pieces- haven’t seen this too often this year
- Roll outs and pullouts- big time, almost every project, lazy susan, blind corners, specialty rollouts for pots and pans and Tupperware and trash cans
- Under cabinet LED- very popular, provides additional lighting for a darker kitchen- excited about a new option for plug in LED lighting- don’t need electrician. LED is more energy efficient and doesn’t heat up like other lighting options.
- Crown declining- we have seen the opposite in our projects- see upcoming trends with more modern style where this would be true, but that really hasn’t hit our market here in Philly yet.
- Rustic and Reclaimed wood- great for accents- for island, barn doors, and our newest cabinet vendor we are working with has many rustic/distressed options that are very popular as an accent. Seeing oak with a modern/weathered look that brings oak back to be a popular and modern look.